The “Warwick”, also known as Car #30, was built as a private business car in 1889. It was rebuilt in 1926 to extend the car from its 66’ 6” to 72’, adding a closed vestibule. Also included in the rebuild was steel underframe and electric lights, which replaced the wooden underframe and oil lamps. The outside of the car has been completely restored and the inside will be an on-going project.
The car got its name because the railroad president Thomas P. Fowler decided to name it after the town he resided in, Warwick.
The last time the train was in service was on September 11, 1956, from Middletown to Oswego and back.
There is a legend that this car was used during the honeymoon of President Groover Cleveland and his wife. However, this has been proven to not be true.